DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code Connecticut
Legal sports betting has arrived in Connecticut, and DraftKings has joined the market courtesy of a partnership with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, which operates Foxwoods Resort Casino. With a range of wagering options, a quality app and a large welcome bonus, DraftKings has a variety of things to interest potential customers.
This page will cover the key aspects of the online sportsbook, including what you can bet on, how to sign up and download the app, and the various DraftKings bonuses, including how to claim a welcome offer for up to $1,200.
DraftKings Sportsbook Connecticut promo code 2023
The DraftKings sign-up offer in Connecticut is worth up to $1,200.
|DraftKings Connecticut Promo Code||None needed|
|Maximum Sign-Up Offer||Up to $1,200|
|Online Since||2021 in Connecticut|
|Last Updated||December 5, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see DraftKings Sportsbook Connecticut for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Welcome bonuses at DraftKings are always subject to a set of terms and conditions. Granted, different offers will have different rules, but you’ll almost always come across a few standard ones.
The first bonus rule you’ll have to adhere to is eligibility. We must note that welcome or sign-up bonuses are available exclusively to new players who haven’t claimed any other DraftKings bonuses in the past.
Most offers will also specify a minimum deposit amount. Most online sportsbooks set this requirement at around $10, but you’ll have to deposit just $5 as a DraftKings player.
When you get the bonus funds, you can use them only on specific types of bets. This bet type restriction is common for sportsbook welcome bonuses, as the operators want to prevent excessive losses.
Wagering requirements are another unavoidable bonus term. Sometimes, you’ll have to wager the bonus amount a set number of times to release the funds. In other cases, the casino will require you to wager the specified amount to release your winnings.
Lastly, you shouldn’t forget to check the expiration time of a bonus. This tells you how much time you have to use the bonus funds.
What Types of DraftKings Bonuses Are There?
DraftKings likes versatility when it comes to welcome bonus offers. In addition to the changes in bonus amounts, the operator can also offer different bonus types at different times.
Here are the most commonly available bonuses:
- First-bet refunds — This attractive promotion guarantees a refund of your first bet in case your predictions fail. It allows you to have a chance at claiming a potentially massive win without taking any financial risks.
- Deposit & get offers — It couldn’t be much simpler than this bonus — make a small deposit, and the site will grant you a set bonus amount. The bonus value is usually several times the required deposit — say, $70 for a $7 deposit.
- First deposit match — This common bonus type meets your first deposit with bonus money up to a particular amount, such as a 100% first deposit up to $1,500.
- Bet & get offers — As its name suggests, this promotion lets you get a certain amount of bonus funds after you make a qualifying bet. The operator will usually specify the amount you need to bet and the amount you can get as a reward.
Getting started at DraftKings Sportsbook in Connecticut
To get rolling with DraftKings, head to the sportsbook’s website and register for an account. During the sign-up process, you’ll need to provide some basic information about your identity and whereabouts in addition to the login credentials:
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
In some instances, DraftKings requires its users to go through additional identity checks after signing up, in which case you’ll need to submit a digital copy of your ID/passport/driver’s license.
How do I download the DraftKings Connecticut app?
The easiest way to find DraftKings’ iOS and Android apps is by going directly to the dedicated section of the sportsbook website. Scroll down to the bottom of the site, and look for the link labeled “Sportsbook Mobile App.” Once you open it, you’ll see the download links for both types of operating systems.
Where do I find DraftKings promotions?
DraftKings offers a variety of benefits to its current customers. At any given time, you may run into one of the following ongoing promos:
- Refer-a-friend: If your friend registers at DraftKings CT using your referral link and makes a small deposit, you’ll receive some bonus bets.
- Boosts: By triggering the daily boost, you’ll get inflated odds on specific bets.
- Pools: DraftKings runs parlay competitions where bettors compete for a chance to win thousands of dollars in prize money. The best part? Some of the pools are free to join.
Why should I choose the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the key areas where DraftKings excels:
- Live betting platform: DraftKings’ live betting lobby is of the highest order in terms of functionality and options. As soon as the lines shift and the odds update, new prices will shimmer to indicate the movement. Additionally, the loading time when toggling between bets is super-fast, which leads to more efficient betting. Don’t forget — every second counts when it comes to live betting.
- Props and futures: You’ll be hard-pressed to find a sportsbook with a more diverse side bets catalog. You’ll find odds on just about every statistical category or performance metric, on both team and individual levels.
- Rewards program: On the whole, DraftKings is generous with its new and existing customers. Its welcome bonus is potentially one of the largest on the market, and the benefits continue from there. Casual bettors will also benefit from a range of time-limited promos, and high rollers will be in line to get an invitation to the VIP program.
What won’t I like about the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
While DraftKings is a strong option for Connecticut bettors, it also has a couple of areas where we’d like to see it improve:
- Not always the best odds: DraftKings’ odds are good, but they’re not always the best.
- Overall structure: DraftKings’ layout is not as neat as most beginners may like. It may take a while for rookies to adapt to the site’s structure because there are too many sub-menus, which aren’t necessarily intuitive. You’ll get used to it, but it may take some time.
What kind of bets can I make at DraftKings Sportsbook?
Once you open the betting lounge, you’ll come across multiple wagering possibilities for a wide variety of sports. The usual suspects — moneylines, spreads, and totals — are all in the mix, and so are multi-bets, side wagers, and a variety of in-play options. To understand the depth of DraftKings’ betting program, let’s choose an NBA Eastern Conference clash between the Boston Celtics and the New York Knicks.
|Point Spread||Total Points||Moneyline|
|New York Knicks||-3.5 (-107)||Over 212 (-112)||-125|
|Boston Celtics||+3.5 (-114)||Under 212 (-109)||+135|
How much can I win on a $100 moneyline bet on the Celtics?
The Celtics have positive moneyline odds, meaning they’re the underdogs in this contest. It also means that a payout on the winning moneyline bet on the Celts will be more than the amount you wagered. To be precise, if you place a $100 moneyline bet on the Celtics, and they beat the Knicks straight up, you’d win $135 plus your $100 bet back for a total of $235.
The odds on the Knicks are negative and indicate the amount you would need to stake to win $100. Consequently, you’d need to place a $125 bet to win $100 if correct, along with getting your bet back for a total potential payout of $225.
How to win a point spread bet
Winning a point spread bet depends on the side you are betting on. If you place a point spread wager on the favorite — in this case, the Knicks at -3.5 — that team would have to win by more than the spread number. In this case, the knicks would need to win by four or more points.
Being the underdog, the Celtics can either lose by fewer than four points or win the game by any amount to cover the spread. For example, if you bet on the Celtics, and the final score was 112-110 Knicks, you’d win because Boston would have stayed within the spread range despite losing the game.
Betting on the total points in a game
With totals, aka over/under bets, your aim is to correctly predict whether the cumulative score of both teams will be lower or higher than the sportsbook’s line. Points differential, halftime result — none of that stuff matters. It doesn’t even matter which team wins the game. It’s only important that you accurately forecast the total amount of points in the contest. In our example, if you bet the under and the final score was 110-100 (for a total of 210), you’d win your bet.
Proposition bets at DraftKings
Unlike the previous three types of wagers, proposition bets or props generally don’t depend on the game’s final score but rather are wagers on a specific occurrence (or non-occurrence) within the contest. You can place prop bets on specific aspects of a game, team or individual player performance — points, assists and rebounds of an NBA player, which team will score the first run in an MLB game, and so forth.
Futures and parlays
With the conventional single bets on individual game outcomes, you can’t win big unless you stake large amounts of money. This is because the associated odds aren’t that lucrative — even if you’re betting on the underdogs and longshots.
If you want a shot at a large win on a relatively small wager, you might want to consider futures. These wagers pertain to season-long events — for example, Super Bowl winners, NBA Finals winners and Grand Slam winners in tennis, and odds will appear months in advance in many cases. DraftKings also offers player-award futures for a variety of sports. In the NFL, for instance, you can bet on a player’s total passing/receiving/rushing yards for the regular season.
As you can imagine, futures bets have an increased risk, especially if you bet early, but you can win quite a lot if you end up being right.
The same holds true for parlays, which merge multiple wagers into one ticket. The tricky part here is that all the picks from your parlay must be correct for you to win. If you get just one wrong, you win nothing.
Live betting at DraftKings
In recent years, live betting has become an integral part of the US sports betting experience. This form of wagering allows you to get some money down on the action after the start of the game. As the game unfolds in real time, you’ll be able to choose from a whole slew of bets, from moneylines with ever-fluctuating odds to various prop-style wagers.
Can I bet on the Patriots at DraftKings Connecticut?
Yes, DraftKings’ betting portfolio encompasses many options across the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL. The sportsbook also has bets for the WNBA and NCAA, which means you can back the local Connecticut Sun or put a few bucks down on the UConn Huskies. For betting on the New England Patriots, in addition to all the wagers above, you’ll also have the following options:
- Alternate spreads: With alternate spreads, you can bet on a different spread number from the one originally posted by the book. As you move the line in each direction, the sportsbook will shift the odds to reflect the different number.
- NFL title futures: The odds for the upcoming Super Bowl winner come out before the start of the season. If you want to bet on the Patriots to win the whole thing, you may want to do it early, before the line moves. In addition to Super Bowl bets, DraftKings features a range of other futures options like division/conference winners, fewest games won, over/under for total games won and a variety of season specials.
- Player-award props: DraftKings gives you the option of betting on season-long props related to individual player accolades like Offensive Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, MVP and a few other options.
How do I get money on (and off) DraftKings Sportsbook quickly?
You can load up your DraftKings account in many ways, though you’ll have fewer options for withdrawals. The current selection of deposit methods includes:
- Play+ prepaid
- DraftKings gift card
- Online banking
- Credit/debit card
- Wire transfer
These payment options come with a $5 minimum and instant processing time except wire transfers, which take one to two days to process and have a $100 minimum deposit. To make a withdrawal, you can use either receive a check in the mail with a $1 minimum or use PayPal, with a $15 minimum.
How do I get help at DraftKings Sportsbook?
You can get immediate assistance via a live chat service that is available 24/7, which you can access via the help section. You can also email the support representatives at su[email protected] and get your solution in written form. The FAQ section also may have the answers you need.
How do I exclude myself from the DraftKings Sportsbook?
By clicking on the RG logo in the top right corner of the page, you’ll head to the sportsbook’s responsible gambling page. From there, you can set up deposit, wagering and time limits to control the amount of time and money you spend on the site. If these tools aren’t enough, and you are still betting more than you can afford, you can sign up with the self-exclusion program. This will ban you from the site effective immediately for a period of your choice or forever.
Can I bet with DraftKings sportsbook in person?
Yes, DraftKings partnered with Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation for market access in Connecticut. This means that you’ll likely be able to place in-person bets at Foxwoods Resort Casino.
- Address: 350 Trolley Line Blvd., Ledyard, CT
- Phone: 860-312-3000
- Website: foxwoods.com
How does DraftKings compare to other Connecticut sportsbooks?
It’s undoubtedly among the top choices. Despite a few shortcomings, DraftKings is an exceptional all-around betting platform that provides tremendous promotional value through sign-up bonuses, promotions for existing customers and VIP perks. It also offers a few creative wagers in the props department and boasts a first-rate app experience.
DraftKings Sportsbook Connecticut FAQ
You don’t need a DraftKings bonus code to claim the $1,200 welcome bonus in December.
No, you can complete the entire sign-up process online.
Yes. However, Connecticut has restrictions when it comes to betting on in-state college teams. You can bet on Connecticut-based colleges only if they are taking part in a tournament involving four or more teams.
Yes, you can cash out early at DraftKings. You have to go to your bet slip and check your open bets. Each open bet that’s eligible will have a cash-out option.
Yes, DraftKings encrypts the data on its site. Moreover, thanks to its Connecticut license, all DraftKings customers are protected by state consumer laws.
Yes, DraftKings tends to have similar odds and lines as other sportsbooks in the state. Some may vary one way or the other, but overall, they will even out.