DISCLAIMER: SugarHouse Sportsbook Connecticut is no longer in business. With SugarHouse not an option, we recommend signing up with Fliff Social Sportsbook in Connecticut.
When the Connecticut Lottery partnered with Rush Street Interactive, it cleared the way for SugarHouse Sportsbook to open its doors in the Constitution State. Connecticut sports bettors now have the chance to take advantage of SugarHouse’s second chance bet welcome bonus worth up to $500.
SugarHouse joins FanDuel and DraftKings as the only licensed online sportsbooks in Connecticut. Each book offers different welcome bonuses; SugarHouse offers a second chance bet for up to $500. On this page, we’ll review what SugarHouse has to offer Connecticut bettors, including promotional deals, what you’ll be able to bet on, its sportsbook app and how it matches up with the competition.
SugarHouse Sportsbook promo code Connecticut 2023
To claim the SugarHouse welcome bonus, enter the promotional code PLAYRIV when you sign up for an account and when making your opening deposit.
|SugarHouse Promo Code CT||None|
|Sign-up Bonus||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Available?||No, closed in 2023|
|Best Alternative?||Fliff Social Sportsbook|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see SugarHouse Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
SugarHouse Connecticut sign up bonus: $500 second chance bet
After you enter the promotional code and make a deposit, your first bet up to $500 qualifies for the promo. Here’s how it works:
- If your first bet wins, you receive your winnings in full and the promo is over
- If your first bet loses, you get a full refund (up to the promotion’s max) in the form of a SugarHouse bet credit
- You have 30 days to use the SugarHouse credit before it expires
- You cannot withdraw the bet credit, but any winnings from it will be credited to your account and you can withdraw or use it for future bets
Can I trust SugarHouse Sportsbook?
Yes, SugarHouse is a licensed sportsbook in Connecticut and as such is trustworthy. It is part of Rush Street Interactive, which partnered with the CT Lottery to obtain one of three sports wagering licenses in the state.
If you experience any issues with SugarHouse or another sportsbook in the state, you can reach the Connecticut Lottery by phone at 860-713-2700 or by sending a message via the contact page on its website.
In order to wager at SugarHouse, you do have to adhere to a couple of rules. First, you must be 21 or older. You won’t be able to sign up for an account if you’re underage. Second, you must be within state lines in Connecticut when making any wagers on the SugarHouse app or PlaySugarHouse.com website. SugarHouse utilizes geolocation technology to check this.
Getting started at SugarHouse Sportsbook in Connecticut
One of the best parts about online sportsbooks is that you can sign up from the comfort of your home if you wish. Head to the Sugarhouse website and select “Sign Up.” Next, fill out the registration form, including the following details:
- First and last name
- Home address (does not need to be in CT)
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
You also must enter a username and provide a password, along with selecting and answering a pair of security questions.
You’ll also be asked to enter an affiliate code. That’s where you enter PLAYRIV.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be ready to start betting with SugarHouse.
How do I download the SugarHouse app?
While you can use the PlaySugarHouse.com website to place bets and manage your account, you likely will find it easier to do both on your phone or tablet using the SugarHouse Sportsbook app. The app is free and available on Android and iOS. Here’s how to install it:
- How to download the SugarHouse Android app: Head to the SugarHouse site via your mobile device, scroll down and select where it says “Get it for Android.” After the Google Play Store finishes loading, choose “Install” and the app will be ready to use in seconds.
- How to download the SugarHouse iOS app: Same as above, but this time select “Available on the App Store.” Click there opens the Apple App Store, where you can finish the download process.
Where do I find SugarHouse promotions?
On the PlaySugarHouse.com website you should see a “Promotion” tab at the top of the page. On the app, you’ll open the main menu (upper left corner) and select “Promotions” about halfway down the page.
On the promotions page you can read through all the ongoing offers. If you see one you like, it’s a good idea to select the “Read More” box to check the offer’s terms and conditions to ensure you know how to meet all the requirements.
SugarHouse traditionally offers quite a few live betting bonuses. These allow you to receive a profit boost on a specific sport, usually on a specific day. The only stipulation is that you must place a live bet.
At SugarHouse, you rarely have to opt in to promotions. Just meet the wagering requirements for each offer, and you’ll be all set.
Why should I choose the SugarHouse Sportsbook app in Connecticut?
SugarHouse has some strong points as an online sportsbook. Here are some of the main ones that stood out during our review:
- Rewards program: With SugarHouse being part of iRush Rewards, every wager you place will get you rewards points, which you can redeem at the iRush Store.
- Betting tips and stats: With all the information out there, doing research for games can be pretty daunting at times. At SugarHouse CT, you’ll see two tabs above each game: “Stats” and “Tips.” The first one opens a new window and shows relevant data for the game. The second gives a handful of notes for the team. For example, it might say “Five of the Cowboys’ last six games have gone over the total points line.”
- House specials: What other sportsbooks call odds boosts, SugarHouse refers to as house specials. Every day SugarHouse will have a smattering of bets with increased odds under the “House Specials” listing. Wagers for house specials are capped at $50.
What won’t I like about the SugarHouse Sportsbook CT app?
Here are some of the areas we’d like to see SugarHouse improve:
- Lack of insurance and parlay promos: While SugarHouse has plenty of profit boosts and daily boosted bets, you won’t find many insurance or parlay promotions. That means no increases on multi-bet winnings or refunds if some of your bets lose.
- Support options: At SugarHouse, customer service reps are available from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. This obviously covers a lot of ground, but we still wish you could get help 24 hours a day.
- Annoying news feed: Fortunately, this issue only exists on the sportsbook website. There you’ll see a scrolling “news feed” that shows other users’ big wins and winnings streaks. The news feed does not add anything of value and only serves to distract and annoy with its constant scrolling.
What kind of bets can I make at SugarHouse sports betting?
SugarHouse CT Sportsbook offers all of the bets you would expect at an online sportsbook. Here are some explanations of common bets you’ll find, along with an example to provide some context:
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||-7.5 (-113)||-375||Over 50.5 (-109)|
|Dallas Cowboys||+7.5 (-109)||+290||Under 50.5 (-112)|
- Moneylines: Place a bet on one side or the other to win the game. The odds determine how much money you’ll win. Here, Tampa Bay is favored, indicated by the -375 moneyline. This means a bet of $375 would win $100 in profit if correct. On the other side, Dallas’ +290 moneyline indicates a $100 bet would win you $290 if the Cowboys prevail.
- Spreads: With the point spread at 7.5, Tampa Bay (-7.5) would need to win by more than that number for a bet on the Buccaneers to win. Meanwhile Dallas — at +7.5 — would need to avoid losing by more than that number for a bet on that side to win.
- Totals: You have two betting options: over or under. This is why these bets also are called over/unders. The sportsbook has set the line at 50.5, so you could bet that the final combined score between the two teams will be over 50.5 or under 50.5.
- Props: Think of these like side wagers on games. If you wanted to bet on Tom Brady to throw for two or more touchdowns in this game, that would be a prop bet. Prop wagers can be player-, team- or game-specific. They usually do not take the overall result of a game into account.
- Futures: These bets are much more long-term than a team’s upcoming game. Generally, these bets won’t settle until the end of the season. You could bet on the Cowboys’ regular-season win total, or on the Buccaneers to make the playoffs or even to win the Super Bowl, for example.
- Parlays: Combine multiple individual bets into a single wager. If you get all of your picks correct, you’ll be in line for an increased payout. If you get any of them wrong, however, you win nothing.
- Round robins: Similar to parlays, but you can still win some money even if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
- Live betting: Bet on games as they are in progress. Simply select the “Live” tab on the SugarHouse app or website, and you can see all the live games available to bet on at that time. The odds will change to reflect what’s happening on the field. In our example, the Cowboys are 7.5-point underdogs, but if they jump out to a 14-point lead, that might change to Dallas being a 3.5-point favorite, for instance. You also can bet on whether upcoming drives will end in points being scored, a turnover or a punt. You’ll even be able to wager on what will happen in a game’s next play.
Can I bet on the Connecticut Sun at SugarHouse Sportsbook?
Yes, the Connecticut Sun will be available to bet on at SugarHouse CT, along with the rest of the WNBA and NBA. So if you’re a fan of the Boston Celtics or New York Knicks, for instance, those teams will have plenty of bets available, as well.
Along with all of the bets we went over above, here are some additional basketball bets you might come across:
- First team to score X points: Rather than betting on a team to win, you can bet on which team will reach certain point totals first. For instance, you could bet on the Sun to get off to a good start and score 10 points in the game before their opponents.
- Quarter bets: Or you could bet on what will happen in individual quarters of a game. Bet on the Sun to come out on top in the second quarter, for instance, or bet on the total points in the fourth quarter. The same types of bets are also available for each half.
- Highest scoring player: Pick a player to score the most points on a given night.
How do I get money on (and off!) SugarHouse Sportsbook quickly?
SugarHouse has eight options for making a deposit and four methods for withdrawals. However, it is worth pointing out that if you want to use a wire transfer, you’ll need to make a minimum deposit of $5,000.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Credit/Debit Card||No Minimum||Instant|
|ACH (e-check)||No Minimum||Instant|
|Online Banking||No Minimum||Instant|
|SugarHouse Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|ACH (e-check)||$10||1-2 Days|
|PayPal||No Minimum||Up to 3 Dyas|
|Online Banking||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|SugarHouse Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||1-2 Days|
How do I get help at SugarHouse Online Sportsbook?
You have a number of choices for getting assistance at SugarHouse. Just be aware that if you want to talk to a person, you’ll need to do so between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 a.m.
SugarHouse has a live chat option that you can access via the sportsbook’s app or website. You also can email directly. And, lastly, if you click on the “Help Center” link at the top of the page, you can search for an answer on your own. We have found the SugarHouse help center to be very useful when we have questions about our accounts or something betting-related.
How do I exclude myself from SugarHouse?
If you want to close off your access to SugarHouse, you’ll need to log in to your account. Then, click “My Account” followed by “Responsible Gaming.”
If you want to shut down your account for fewer than 30 days, you’ll choose the self-suspension option. If you’re looking to close your account for one or three years, you’ll choose the SugarHouse exclusion option.
In addition to these choices, you can elect to set betting, deposit and time limits on your account, as well. All of these options represent different aspects of safe and healthy gambling practices.
Can I bet with SugarHouse Sportsbook in person?
You should be able to, yes. SugarHouse’s partner in the state, the CT Lottery, has said that it plans to provide up to 15 retail sports betting locations throughout the state. The lottery also listed Rush Street Interactive’s experience with retail sports betting as one of the factors in its decision to partner with the company.
How does SugarHouse compare to other Connecticut sportsbooks?
SugarHouse will be up against some strong competition in the state: DraftKings and FanDuel, two of the top names in legal US sports betting. Here is how it matches up in some key areas:
- SugarHouse vs. DraftKings: DraftKings does have quite a bit more to offer. The promotions at DraftKings are more diverse, and DraftKings also began offering same-game parlays shortly before launching in CT, while SugarHouse has yet to do so. SugarHouse does have better and more diverse banking options than DraftKings Sportsbook, however.
- SugarHouse vs. FanDuel: Just like at DraftKings, you can create same-game parlays at FanDuel, too. And the one thing that both DraftKings and FanDuel have that SugarHouse does not is daily fantasy sports betting options.
SugarHouse Sportsbook FAQ
What is the best SugarHouse Sportsbook bonus code in April 2023?
Enter the top SugarHouse promo code code PLAYRIV to receive a second chance bet for up to $500 when you join SugarHouse Sportsbook Connecticut today. If your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded with a bet credit.
Can I use SugarHouse if I don’t live in Connecticut?
Yes, being a resident of Connecticut is not a requirement to bet at SugarHouse Sportsbook. You just need to be within state lines when placing any bets.
Can I bet on the Connecticut Sun at SugarHouse Sportsbook?
Yes, unlike at FanDuel Sportsbook, you can wager on the WNBA’s Connecticut Sun at SugarHouse. FanDuel is not permitted to take wagers on the Sun because it is partnered with the Mohegan Tribe, which also owns the Sun.
Can I deduct my SugarHouse Sportsbook losses on my taxes?
Yes, but only to cancel out any of your gambling winnings. In the US, sports betting winnings are considered taxable income. Obviously, each person’s situation is different, so we recommend talking with a tax specialist to address your specific needs.
Does SugarHouse charge deposit and/or withdrawal fees?
No, SugarHouse will not charge any fees when you bank at the online sportsbook. However, the financial institution you use to make the transaction might have its own fees, so be sure to check before depositing or withdrawing.
Why should I sign up with SugarHouse instead of an offshore site?
Because as a licensed sportsbook both your money and personal information are safe at SugarHouse. That is not the case when doing business with an offshore sportsbook. Betting on sports is already a gamble, but doing business with an offshore site is a gamble we never recommend rolling the dice on.