Para-geeks and lovers of the supernatural will get a thrill this fall when the real Annabelle doll goes on display at Mohegan Sun.
The famed, ‘haunted,’ doll will come to the Connecticut casino as part of or paranormal convention on Oct. 29. At the Paracon, other items from Warren’s Occult Museum will also be on display, and lectures by special guest experts will be scheduled.
And if these creepy dolls give you more incentive to stay home then you can always enjoy playing and gambling at any of the available CT online casinos.
The Warren’s seekers of the Supernatural Paracon 2022 at Mohegan Sun
Last year was the convention’s debut, and the 2021 Paracon was such a success, that the sellout event was scheduled at the larger Mohegan Sun Casino venue for its second year.
Several paranormal experts are scheduled to appear, and premium tickets will include access to view the Warren Occult Museum’s haunted items and paraphernalia.
Paranormal items to view with Warren Occult Museum tickets
- The Real Annabelle doll! Attendees will be able to see and take pictures with the original doll that inspired the horror movies we all love.
- A Prop doll from one of the Annabelle movies. Also on display is the actual prop doll used in the making of one of the Annabelle movies.
- The Shadow Doll. The famously hideous doll, famously composed of human bones and animal parts, leaves nightmares and curses in her wake.
- The Satanic Idol. Believed to have been used in satanic worship in the woods of Sandy Hook, this strange-looking statue will give you the chills.
- The Haunted Dinosaur Toy. This unassuming and seemingly ordinary toy is the inspiration behind The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It.
Special guest speakers at Paracon 2022
- Paranormal Lockdown’s Nick Groff
- Tessa DelZoppo Groff on her medium gallery tour, “LIVE! With The Other Side!”
- Brothers – and demonologists – Keith & Carl Johnson from Ghost Hunters.
- The “Cajun Demonologist,” Jerome Leonard
- Filmmaker and author, Mike Ricksecker
- Arne Johnson, depicted in The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It for his harrowing possession story.
- Paranormal State’s Ryan Buell.
Vendors at Paracon 2022
In addition to the haunted items and guest speakers, a ton of vendors will be available to attendees of Paracon 2022. They’ll be making their products and services available, which relate to:
- Psychic readings
- Crystals and more
The Real Annabelle doll has a haunted past
The show-stopping item that will be on display from Warren’s Occult Museum is, without a doubt, the real Annabelle doll. An antique Raggedy Ann Doll with a chilling history.
The Real Annabelle’s story can be traced back to 1970 when the mother of a girl named Donna purchased the doll from a hobby store for her daughter.
Donna was a college student and living with a roommate at the time. The doll first showed signs of paranormal activity by popping up inexplicably in different locations or rooms.
Then, eerie written messages were popping up on parchment paper around the apartment, written in child–like writing. Donna eventually sought the help of an expert one day when she discovered that the doll had what looked like blood on it.
With help from a medium, she set up a séance. Thereafter, Donna finally spoke with the alleged spirit of an unfortunate girl named Annabelle Higgins. Donna felt sorry for the spirit and allowed the doll to stay.
The doll’s paranormal activity then began to take a turn toward evil, proving that the spirit connected to the doll was not actually that of a child – but that of an evil entity that tricked Donna.
Lou, a friend of Donna and her roommate, claimed to have had violent encounters with the doll. He insisted that the doll choked him while he was sleeping and even scratched claw marks into his chest.
After the violent encounters, Donna connected with Ed and Lorraine Warren, who helped to cleanse her home of ill-intentioned spirits and took the doll away.
The Warrens have reported ill fates for individuals who have visited the Real Annabelle and treated it poorly. This includes mocking it or saying something disparaging about it. Many experienced unexplainable and violent episodes afterward.
How can I see the real Annabelle at Paracon 2022?
Mohegan Sun’s Earth Ballroom will house the event this year from 10 am to 8 pm on Oct. 29.
- $35 General Admission: includes access to the vendor floor and guest lectures.
- $89 Premium Admission: General admission plus Warren Occult Museum access.